- Place the quinoa in a small saucepan with the water. Stir to combine and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the tomatoes on the tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Roast for approximately 10 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Place the cooled quinoa in a large bowl with the eggs and grated parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
- Lightly spray a 26cm non-stick fluted tart tin with a removable base with oil. Press the quinoa mixture evenly and firmly into the base and side of tin to form a thick crust. Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until light golden.
- Steam asaparagus tips in a steamer basket for 5 minutes
- Steam broccolini in a steamer basket for 3 minutes.
- Combine the goat’s cheese, ricotta, parsley, chives and lemon rind in a bowl. Mix until smooth. Spread the cheese mixture over the quinoa base. Top with the asparagus tips, broccolini and the roasted tomatoes and roast for a further 5-10 minutes or until warmed through. Sprinkle with the basil leaves and lightly drizzle with the balsamic vinegar.
Tomatoes combined with broccolini are a nutrient powerhouse that are more potent cancer fighters when eaten together than in separate meals.