- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the red onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, approximately 2 minutes.
- Take onion off the heat and add the coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper, ground coriander seed, kidney beans and some salt and pepper and stir. Stir the tomatoes through the onion mixture.
- Arrange the tomato mixture in an even layer in an oven proof dish sized approximately 20x20cm. Bake the tomatoes for 12 minutes, then remove the dish.
- Top the tomatoes with the Parmesan, drizzle on the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Gently crack the eggs over the tomatoes, keeping the yolks intact and spreading eggs across the dish.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes. Check at 8 minutes— the yolks should still be soft but the egg whites should be just set and will still jiggle if you shake the dish.
- Sprinkle cooked eggs with salt & pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon coriander.
- Serve with toasted bread into smaller bowls
Roasting tomatoes increases their lycopene content, so this is an indulgent breakfast dish that can be enjoyed guilt-free.